History of OLA

Our Lady of the Assumption School (OLA) is situated in the Catholic Peninsula Zone in Cheltenham. OLA was established as a church/school in 1951 with an enrolment of 80 students and staffed by the Brigidine Sisters. At this time, Cheltenham was part of the Highett parish. In 2008, OLA celebrated the anniversary of fifty years as a parish. The school is seen as an integral part of the community.

OLA is a suburban school situated off the Nepean Highway on Centre-Dandenong Road. Our enrolment is around 460 students and we have a mixture of straight and composite classes. OLA has well-maintained facilities and grounds with a well-designed adventure playground.  We are also fortunate to have a variety of indoor and outdoor learning spaces.

At OLA our Religious Education Program is of the utmost importance and permeates the whole curriculum.  We at OLA are a welcoming Christian community. We encourage our children to follow Jesus to love, serve and celebrate all that is good.  Liturgy has a central role in our school life, we celebrate with the parish community and in our classrooms.  Parents are engaged in the prayer life of the school through class Masses, parent/child workshops, the sacramental program and special services during lent and advent.

The staff at OLA are highly motivated and committed to providing an exciting, attractive and productive learning environment. We provide a broad and challenging Prep to Year 6 curriculum to meet the needs of all students.

To view the OLA Parish website please click here